Thursday, April 5, 2012

'Tis the season to be "JELLY"

Hello Everyone!!

I'm back, perhaps escaped from homework and sewing.

I missed blogging and sharing with y'all!

It's been two months since the last time I posted anything on here. (guilty)

But, who knew, you will never miss me if you liked "C'est Meecheer" on Facebook :)

Let me start you with my beautiful dancer, Sarah Kwon. x)

Sarah Kwon
Sundress, MEECHEER, $15
Bag and sandals, (She said it's a secret)

CLICK Find out more!! to read more of this blog and comment:) Thank you.



If you look close enough, this sundress has similar silhouette like the Summer Dresses.

Facebook Link : HERE.
Blogger Link : HERE.

She saw me wearing it the other day and she wanted one.
"Different color and pattern of course :)"

One thing I love about.... me making clothes for you all is the uniqueness in every garment.

I added a more drastic layering effect into Sarah's dress.
Teal chiffon and printed chiffon, one overlaying the other.

The hem, I have to talk about the hem.
I used the overlock serger machine at PCC.
I can say it's a advantage to use them secretly.
Now, I don't have a class anymore, the silky-like materials became harder to hem. :(

(The machine costs $199~$300)

Anyway, big big and pretty thanks to Sarah. Je t'aime.

(Alors, mais je crois que tu me detestes maintenent. :P )

OH RIGHT!

Back to " 'Tis the season to be 'JELLY'"

You ask why?

Easy. For students, it's time for Prom. For other Fashionistas, it's time for beach wear.

Nobody likes to wear the same thing as the other one when it comes to special occasions like this.
This is the great opportunity that I come in place because there will not be the same one, EVER!
:)
As usual, I am making my prom dress.
Thanks to Spring Break I was able to finished the dress.

Here's a sneak peek of it....

Prom Dress, MEECHEER, appx $45

I could not fit the dress on the form once I'm done with it because the form is probably 3 inches bigger than my size. :P

I will post pictures when Prom visits.


But wait, this wasn't all I was doing, I also made another prom dress for Gloria Leung.

It is a Marchesa inspired dress.





Left
Prom Dress, MEECHEER, $60

RIGHT
Selena Gomez, Red Carpet Dress, Marchesa, $ who knows how much
Picture from shoppinglifestyle.com

We took the silhouette and the gem position ideas.
It was the first time I went fabric and trim shopping with my client. :)
It turned out better then I thought because we bought exactly what suits her the best.

(Cannot really tell how the fabric glimmers in this poor picture I took with my phone.)

How long did it take me:

2.5 hrs of cutting fabrics and ironing them flat.
1 hr of inserting the boning, so the bodice would look straight and supported.
2 hrs of sewing every pieces together.
30 mins of draping the bodice.
10 mins of fitting my Prom Cutie :)
1 hr of inserting the invisible zipper.
2.5 hrs of all of the beading. (more beads and gems than shown in the picture.)
30 mins of hemming and final ironing.
________________________________

Give or take 10 hrs and 10 mins. :D


Thanks to Gloria Leung for great collaboration and comments to improve and perfect this dress.

(My dear!! come and pick it up... I don't do deliveries. OR I charge xP)



At last Thank you for reading this.
I hope you had fun reading this.:)

PLEASE comment ! Or check one of the reactions:)
It means a lot to me!!

Merci Beaucoup.
Lots of love!

PS. I'm still taking some orders.... And Imma work on the StuckatProm contest again! HA!

MEECHEER.

Quilted with Indigo

MEECHEER Quilted Denim Sweater with fur lining in hood Took 2 hrs to quilt the front and back. This is so worth it. xoxo Meecheer Huang